One of the things I love about summer in Australia is that we are constantly in the pool or at the beach. Is there anything better than lazy summer days lounging on the sand and eating ice cream? Not in my book!!
This year, we spent some time in Beachport, South Australia and spent so much time outdoors, that we almost cleared Woollies out of sunscreen!
Now, if there is a downside to the above story, it’s probably that all that fun in the sun, sand and water means incredibly dry skin. No matter how much moisturiser you seem to lather on, you can never quite get rid of that dry, scratchy feeling (or maybe that’s just me showing my age)
Anyhoo, if you’re like me and happen to feel like a crocodile after the summer fun has worn off then keep reading! I have an amazing Mango, Milk & Honey Bath Melt recipe that will BLOW YOU AWAY (along with all those dry skin cells, eugh)
1/3 Cup Mango butter or Shea butter.
1/3 Cup Almond Oil
¼ Cup Honey
1 Cup powdered milk
½ cup powdered milk (for rolling)
- Melt the mango butter, almond oil and honey together over a double boiler
- Once melted, stir in the powdered milk until mixture is crumbly
- Add in any preservatives and any fragrance
- Roll into balls and place on wax paper to cool
- Roll into leftover powdered milk and enjoy.
*recipe makes approx. 9 bath melts.
HOW TO USE MELTS:
- Fill bath tub with approx. 1-2 inches of hot water, place 1 (or 2) melts in bath tub and allow to melt.
- Continue to fill the bath with water at your preferred temperature and soak away!!
*Please take care when exiting the bathtub as the oils can make it very slippery
TIP** Rub melt onto problem areas like elbows, knees or feet for extra luxurious care.