Have you ever bought a bath bomb and wondered if it would be easier and more cost effective to make your own?
making your own bath bombs is super easy. So easy in fact that you only need a few pieces of equipment and ingredients.
To begin with, you will need something to mould them in. Shop moulds here
Next, you'll need some basic household ingredients.
Ingredients and Supplies:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil
- 3 tsp. oil (olive oil)
- food coloring (any color you want)
Next you will need to combine the ingredients as follows:
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix them all evenly with the whisk.
- In a separate container, mix the liquid ingredients together. Note that in this step, the essential oils, fragrances and colors are added. This is an important step! Make sure to pick out lots of fragrance oils to try out here, as you can make many fabulous combinations for bath time. Lavender bath bombs for relaxation and sleep, perhaps tinted purple. Ylang Ylang and bergamot for a sensual bath bomb, perhaps even add some rose. Tint this one pink.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mix, one small spoon at a time.
- When well mixed, you simply pack this mixture into a bath bomb mold and pack tightly, then let it dry. Work quickly so as not to let the bath bomb mixture dry out
That's it...! That is all there is to it. Making you're own bath bomb is super easy (and a great project to do with the kids on a rainy day)
Why not try different fragrances, shapes and colours too? Give them as gifts or keep for yourself! The possibilities are endless